All Aboard The Potty Train

Friday, October 2, 2009
I was customizing my template for theFlickrite.com when my daughter, Sophia, turned to me with excitement. "Mom, potty train! Potty train! Choo-choo!!!," raising her voice as she ran towards her play spot. I followed and saw that she lined up her Dora ride-on car, toddler chair and toys like a train with her potty-trainer on the lead. Instead of singing "Dinosaur Train", she changed the lyrics to "Potty Train... Potty Train..." Amazingly, it was pun to me! I was so delighted that I quickly grabbed my camera to document this...

Choo! Choo! by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr
Choo!!! Choo!!! Choo!!! by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr Choo!!!
Sophia's Potty Train by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr
All Aboard...!!! by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr

That had only been 2 weeks, I guess, when I started potty-training her. She's three and I know it's a bit late as she's already yelling NO to me. I've learned her pattern after a week. When I have a chance, I'll sit beside her till she does it. I did got a chance the other day. Oh, how she cried pining for a diaper! She tried to stand up a lot of times but I kept her down. I was really adamant. At the same time, I tried my best to distract her with a game on her laptop. Nerve-wracking for the two of us. Finally, after 30 minutes or so, she did it. But I only got lucky twice on that day.

Sophia during potty training by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr Sophia during potty training by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr
Sophia during her potty train by www.lancelonie.com, on Flickr

She's back to her pink pull-ups though. Tomorrow, she'll be out of her comfort zone!





13 comments:

{ Gabbi } at: October 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM said...

So cute!! :)

{ Wine and Words } at: October 6, 2009 at 3:50 PM said...

What an adorable little girl. Your photos are crystal clear! Lovely. It's been a long time, but I do remember those "Potty" days!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am honored you stopped for a read.

{ Simply Colette } at: October 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM said...

She is such a little ham! Adorable :)

{ LenoreNeverM♡re } at: October 6, 2009 at 5:29 PM said...

adorable...
when she grows up,she can go back to this entry...& you guys can laugh together! Great memories captured in time!! xo8

{ Keith } at: October 6, 2009 at 7:25 PM said...

That is so hilarious. She's very adorable.

Anonymous at: October 6, 2009 at 8:11 PM said...

Hi! they say that potty training to a child will depend on its own time. My eldest started to go to the bathroom on her own before she turned 2 years old. Now my 2nd child is already 2 years old and she's still screaming when i put her on her potty. Guess i have to wait more until she feels uncomfortable wearing that dirty diaper!

Btw, after the Ondoy typhoon, another one came --Pepeng. It was a super typhoon and it was so big that i can't see the Philippines on the weather forecast on the TV. But thanks to God that on the onset of the typhoon, it slowed down and then moved upward that it didn't hit the Philippines that much. God is good.

{ Cafe Fashionista } at: October 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM said...

This is so incredibly adorable. I can't wait for my little nephew to start doing things like this! :)

{ Sarah } at: October 7, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

thx:)

and how cute! <3

{ Jennifer Fabulous } at: October 7, 2009 at 3:07 PM said...

Your daughter is SO adorable!! That is so sweet. :)

{ Images By Samuel } at: October 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM said...

Potty Train Pia !!
giggle giggle !!

Unkie !!

{ jen@odbt } at: November 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM said...

Gotta love their imagination. My kids were all 3+ when we started potty training. Be patient and she'll let you know when it's time.

{ Janie } at: November 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM said...

So cute. What an innovative child!

{ Martha } at: November 6, 2009 at 2:04 PM said...

She is just adorable!
Thanks for stopping by :-)

 

Search This Blog

100 strangers (1) 4 Ur Info (2) 4th of July (2) 9 Months amp; After (3) Aly and AJ (1) autumn (1) bass (2) beautiful women (1) bedroom (1) birthday cakes (1) blog award (1) blue (1) bokeh (2) bossanova (1) Brooke Fraser (2) camera (1) child model (1) children's clothes (2) Christmas (6) Christmas sing-along (1) Cold Play (1) columnist (1) Dancing With The Stars (1) Daughtry (1) Destiny's Child (1) diary (11) Disney (3) E-type (1) event (5) eXaminer (2) fashion (2) Featured Photos (1) Flickr mail (5) Flickr photo (3) Flickr photos (5) Flickred (2) FOX TV (1) Friendster Testimonials (1) Funny Stuff (3) Griffith Park (1) Halloween (3) Hancock Park (2) headshots (1) Helen Reddy (1) Hello Kitty (1) High School Musical (1) holiday (1) Hollywood Blvd (1) Hollywood fashion (1) Hollywood strangers (1) home sweet home (1) home7 (1) humor (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jose Mari Chan (1) journalist (1) karaoke (3) Knotts Berry Farm (1) LA fashion (1) Lady Gaga (1) lancelonie photography (1) lancelonie rants (1) lancelonie took your picture (1) lancelonie's birthday (1) Life And Realization (2) LonieLiyah (3) Madonna (1) Marie Digby (2) Michael Jackson (3) movie trailer (1) my childhood (1) My Daily Sophia (42) Nelonie (1) Nikki Davis (1) Office Hours (2) Okasyon (5) outtakes (1) PanPacific Park (2) Pasyal (1) Philippines (1) photoshoot (1) photoshop (4) poem (1) poetry (6) portrait (2) potty training (1) Quick Update (3) quotes (1) Reaksiyones (2) rhumba (1) Savage Garden (2) Sex And The City (1) Shakira (1) shortie (5) Sixpence None The Richer (2) Smurfs (1) song (8) Sophia (9) Sophia quotes (3) Sophia's birthday (1) Sophia365 (4) Spoken Thoughts (18) stop motion (1) summer (1) tagged (1) The Angelic Life (2) The Jackson 5 (1) The Polar Express (1) Torrid model (1) videos (2) vintage effect (1) viral videos (1) we learn (1) Wham (1) yellow (1)

The Flickrite Followers

IMG_3517-022511-Sugar-Brown-MDS-logo2 970x300 Portraits by Nelonie Crelencia aka lancelonie Portraits by Nelonie Crelencia aka lancelonie Strangers in Hollywood by lancelonie Portraits by lancelonie photography Quoted Photos by lancelonie

Lancelonie Photography Widget Powered by Blogger Plugins

Lancelonie Photography

 

© 2010 theFlickriteDiary is now theFlickrite.com, Design by DzigNine
In collaboration with Breaking News, Trucks, SUV