Playing in the sand while hunting for a stranger

Monday, July 11, 2011
IMG_7098 -s
Yesterday afternoon, in Manhattan Beach, I almost shot my first entry to the 100 Strangers group.  This girl...

lancelonie on Flickr

At last, summer felt like summer and the beach in Manhattan was more crowded.

We were all pretty comfy on the deck, taking random shots here and there.  Sophia, however, was more into playing in the sand.  Although I hated the idea of sand in my shoes, this mother had to give in (with a little push from the doting daddy, as usual).

Down those sandy wooden stairs, my little girl and I strode with her hand on my right and a camera on the other.  While she had high hopes of setting up her own sand castle, I had no photographic scheme to build upon.

I had enough of people as bokeh and I could not produce any more fascinating depths of field.  When you look after a little castle builder, there should not be any divided attention.  Needless to say, my real focus was my sandy-palmed daughter who thought she was well off without water.

lancelonie on Flickr

lancelonie on Flickr

Then a hint of idea sprouted out my monotonous frame of mind.  This girl – who was just a few treads away from us sitting quietly by herself on the sand as she toggled between her cellphone and a notebook – she looked interesting.  Good, I thought.  So, here was my story... a girl who was waiting for her blind date who was running late… lah-di-dah…

lancelonie on FlickrI planned my approach, spoke my lines internally and called hubby to bring me my portrait lens…  Then just as I was going to switch to a prime, a family of three and a professional photographer approached her.  Oops, I said to myself.  She was the stylist, I supposed, and she had been reading her own photo story…

So I guess like Sophia, I was also playing in the sand - building a small inspiration like sand castle without water.

I continue my hunt for that first beautiful stranger…

Inspiration in the Sand by lancelonie, on Flickr
Photo: Inspiration in the Sand Sometimes you build
your inspiration like castle in the sand.  It crumbles...
~Nelonie A. Crelencia ©2011



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

 

Search This Blog

100 strangers (1) 4 Ur Info (2) 4th of July (2) 9 Months amp; After (3) Aly and AJ (1) autumn (1) bass (2) beautiful women (1) bedroom (1) birthday cakes (1) blog award (1) blue (1) bokeh (2) bossanova (1) Brooke Fraser (2) camera (1) child model (1) children's clothes (2) Christmas (6) Christmas sing-along (1) Cold Play (1) columnist (1) Dancing With The Stars (1) Daughtry (1) Destiny's Child (1) diary (11) Disney (3) E-type (1) event (5) eXaminer (2) fashion (2) Featured Photos (1) Flickr mail (5) Flickr photo (3) Flickr photos (5) Flickred (2) FOX TV (1) Friendster Testimonials (1) Funny Stuff (3) Griffith Park (1) Halloween (3) Hancock Park (2) headshots (1) Helen Reddy (1) Hello Kitty (1) High School Musical (1) holiday (1) Hollywood Blvd (1) Hollywood fashion (1) Hollywood strangers (1) home sweet home (1) home7 (1) humor (1) Jack Johnson (1) jewelry (1) Jose Mari Chan (1) journalist (1) karaoke (3) Knotts Berry Farm (1) LA fashion (1) Lady Gaga (1) lancelonie photography (1) lancelonie rants (1) lancelonie took your picture (1) lancelonie's birthday (1) Life And Realization (2) LonieLiyah (3) Madonna (1) Marie Digby (2) Michael Jackson (3) movie trailer (1) my childhood (1) My Daily Sophia (42) Nelonie (1) Nikki Davis (1) Office Hours (2) Okasyon (5) outtakes (1) PanPacific Park (2) Pasyal (1) Philippines (1) photoshoot (1) photoshop (4) poem (1) poetry (6) portrait (2) potty training (1) Quick Update (3) quotes (1) Reaksiyones (2) rhumba (1) Savage Garden (2) Sex And The City (1) Shakira (1) shortie (5) Sixpence None The Richer (2) Smurfs (1) song (8) Sophia (9) Sophia quotes (3) Sophia's birthday (1) Sophia365 (4) Spoken Thoughts (18) stop motion (1) summer (1) tagged (1) The Angelic Life (2) The Jackson 5 (1) The Polar Express (1) Torrid model (1) videos (2) vintage effect (1) viral videos (1) we learn (1) Wham (1) yellow (1)

The Flickrite Followers

IMG_3517-022511-Sugar-Brown-MDS-logo2 970x300 Portraits by Nelonie Crelencia aka lancelonie Portraits by Nelonie Crelencia aka lancelonie Strangers in Hollywood by lancelonie Portraits by lancelonie photography Quoted Photos by lancelonie

Lancelonie Photography Widget Powered by Blogger Plugins

Lancelonie Photography

 

© 2010 theFlickriteDiary is now theFlickrite.com, Design by DzigNine
In collaboration with Breaking News, Trucks, SUV